[Interest] Online doc URL improvement

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 04:07:49 CEST 2019

Hi there,

I quite often read the documentation online, b/c the urls are quite
short and simple i usually type them in directly in the URL bar. One
little thing is annoying me, the '.html extension.
Wouldn't it be great if instead the url would be 'doc.qt.io/qt-5/qwidget'.
That is shorter to type and easier to navigate to a class you know the
name of. Currently you have to move the cursor around in the url field
so that you replace the class name b/w '/' and '.html'. not having to
deal with '.html' would make the process way faster/easier.
Of course to avoid breaking search engine, bookmarks, ... the url with
'.html' would have to redirect to the one w/o.

Any thoughts?

Chris