[Interest] Qt-5.12.3: Compile errors passing -j to make on macos

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Sat Jun 15 12:56:46 CEST 2019

> On Jun 15, 2019, at 8:49 AM, Patrick Stinson <patrickkidd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Has anyone else run into compile errors related to integer sizes on a 64 bit platform when passing -jn to make on macos? A build will be preceding just fine with one process, but when I increase the number it immediately bails with compile errors.

I've mostly switched to using pre-built frameworks but when I was building from source I often got inscrutable issues when trying to build in parallel. The build documentation says to use "make", not -j anything and explicitly calls out that there are bad dependencies which will break on parallel "make install".

Cheers,
  Steve