[Interest] Clarification on network security

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 17 01:25:24 CEST 2019

Let me thank everybody for responding, and providing such helpful insights.
Some--like creating Private CA, as Steve pointed out--I wasn't even aware was
possible. I certainly have much to consider before beginning this next project.

As for what I'm securing, it's certainly not bitcoin transfers or secret
government formulas :).  Aside from simple JSON info, part of what I expect to
be serving are images that the user may wish to consider proprietary.  It is
the transfer of these images that I wish to protect, at least to some degree,
so the user has confidence that nobody else will be viewing them.  The
industry demographic for this solution is far from cutthroat, so I don't even
think securing them would be necessary, but if I can work it in up front, it
will (at a minimum) be a selling point for its use.

Again, thanks for all the excellent feedback.