[Interest] Translating JSON files

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at qt.io
Mon Jun 17 23:18:33 CEST 2019

The thing is that I have other data in the file that doesn't need to be translated, so copying them would require keeping each file in sync. The file itself is edited often fairly regularly to add new data (both translatable and non-translatable).

> If you always generate the translated ones from the .ts or .po file, it's no more of a
> maintenance issue as a .qm or .mo file.

I do like the idea of generating .ts files from JSON...