[Interest] How can I build a qt source for linux fbdev?

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 04:48:36 CEST 2019

On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 at 04:10, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 25 June 2019 06:40:21 PDT 민경욱 wrote:
> > My Qt5 application has tearing on Odroid C2 (Mali450, Ubuntu 18.04).
> >
> > So I wanna try on fbdev not X11.
> >
> > but, I hava no idea about build qt source for linux fbdev..
> >
> > anyone know about this?
>
> You build the same way you would an X11 build for that board. Just make sure
> that the necessary headers for fbdev are present, so configure will say:
>
>   LinuxFB ................................ yes
>
> It's looking for these headers: linux/fb.h, sys/kd.h, sys/ioctl.h. Make sure
> your sysroot has them.

Before that you might want to check that your Qt doesn't already support fbdev.
eg.
$ kcalc -platform help
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the
Qt platform plugin "help"
in "".

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl,
offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl,
wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

$ kcalc -platform linuxfb

Chris