[Interest] Q_ATOMIC_INT64_IS_SUPPORTED: Qt Compile errors on macOS

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jun 27 03:17:38 CEST 2019

On Wednesday, 26 June 2019 16:22:48 PDT Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> My point was that the file is entirely managed by qmake, so (IMHO) qmake
> should deal with it if the data is now stale.

It's very difficult to do that. The whole reason the file exists is to avoid
having to call the compiler to find out its details every time that qmake is
started. In order to do what you are asking for, we need to call out to the
compiler, which defeats the purpose.

Also, changing the compiler does require erasing your build and starting over
anyway. For example, if you're using precompiled headers, a version update of
the compiler (even patch level) can invalidate those files and neither qmake
nor Make will notice that.

My point is that this is a bigger problem than just the .qmake.stash file. I
really recommend just rm -rf your build.

PS: make your life easier and don't configure Qt from inside the sources.