[Interest] using a custom class as parameter of signal/slot, used in QML

Sylvain Pointeau sylvain.pointeau at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 17:08:15 CET 2019

Hi Jason,

thank you for the link, I did have a look but they are doing the same, with
a comment "// parent-less QObject -> ownership transferred to the JS engine"

but what if there was no connection, or consumed by another object, then I
guess there will be a memory leak?

I don't feel comfortable sending pointer to objects through the signals,
the ownership for me is not clear.
I guess there is no real solution, except to avoid using objects in signals
if QML is a consumer?

it is really puzzling me...

Best regards,
Sylvain