[Interest] Qt and Android foreground services

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Tue Mar 5 17:00:08 CET 2019

Hi,

I have a Qt based app that produces sound in real time. When I press the home button, it seems that the app looses priority and I doesn’t produce sound anymore. Actually, the system becomes very unresponsive until I quit the app.

I have been pointed to Services API on Android:

A foreground service performs some operation that is noticeable to the user. For example, an audio app would use a foreground service to play an audio track. Foreground services must display a Notification <https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/notifiers/notifications.html>. Foreground services continue running even when the user isn't interacting with the app.

But I don’t have a clue on how to integrate this with my app. As anyone here had any similar need in the past?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Nuno