[Interest] CBOR Questions

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 6 19:20:47 CET 2019

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 08:40:20 PST Jason H wrote:
> you'll need at most parse 5 bytes:
>
> 1A 00752228 # unsigned(7676456)
> 19 1938 # unsigned(6456)
> 18 38 # unsigned(56)
>
> So thanks for the suggestion. I will be implementing it!

Strictly speaking, 9 bytes. You don't want to begin a protocol today that
won't be suitable for transferring 5 GB movies in a few years, do you? :-)

That reminds of me of when Akonadi began development, they had an extreme use-
case of "what happens if a user wants to send an entire BluRay rip over
email?" (50GB dual-layer encodes with base64 to 66.67 GB)

> Still seems like a length-indicated CBOR data stream would be a good idea
> though. At least with your suggested approach it can all be done in CBOR.

Right, that's what I was getting at.