[Interest] Qt 5.13 Bluetooth Windows

Oliver Wolff Oliver.Wolff at qt.io
Tue Mar 12 08:33:24 CET 2019

Hi Ekke,

On 11/03/2019 14:54, ekke wrote:
> from https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.13 I noticed this:
>
> Qt Bluetooth
>
>   * Removed need for pairing on Windows to discover and connect
>

> Does this mean it is possible to connect with Bluetooth LE Devices where
> no pairing is needed from default binaries ? (Windows 10, MSVC2017)

yes if you are using desktop Windows, that should work out of the box.

The situation is different for UWP applications as we use the minimal
supported version of the Windows Kit (10.0.14393.0) for building the
installer packages and the new functionality is not available there. In
order to use the new functionality in UWP apps, users have to build Qt
themselves for the time being.

Cheers,
Olli