[Interest] GStreamer on OSX?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Mar 12 15:35:45 CET 2019

I am trying to develop a app on my mac that will run on linux, and it uses gstreamer. There's a couple routes I could go. If it's a video source, I can use Qt's existing support, but there are some advantages to using gstreamer directly. I just need stills, no video, so I'm giving that a shot.

There is a OSX package for GStreamer (two actually, runtime and dev).  https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/osx/1.15.2/

After installing, I add these lines to the .pro:
macx {
LIBS += -framework GStreamer
}

Qt is supposed to have automatic support for frameworks (and in my experience it works)
But when it goes to link, I get:
ld: framework not found GStreamer

It's definitely there. From a command line I try:
$ ld -framework GStreamer
ld: warning: No version-min specified on command line
ld: warning: -arch not specified
ld: warning: -macosx_version_min not specified, assuming 10.11
ld: file not found: @rpath/lib/libgstcontroller-1.0.0.dylib for inferred architecture x86_64

But:
/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Versions/1.0/lib$ ls libgstcontroller-1.0.0.dylib
libgstcontroller-1.0.0.dylib*

So it's there.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I am wondering if it's me or if somehow the GStreamer package is bad?

Many thanks.