[Interest] Recommended exception handling

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 21:58:46 CET 2019

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 10:56 PM william.crocker at analog.com <
william.crocker at analog.com> wrote:

> I wrote and installed my own notify function.

Yes, thanks, but as far as I understand from the docs this is going away in
the future (or at least it is in threaded code), which is the reason for my
inquiry.

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 3:07 AM Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> The advice for QCoreApplication::notify is no longer valid. If an
> exception
> escapes, BadThings™ will happen. Your application may crash before getting
> notify(), or abort by std::terminate(). Or it may cause data corruption.

Noted. My question was more in line with: "Are we getting some kind of a
replacement or workaround?"