[Interest] QProcess overload slot connection

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Mar 14 16:14:38 CET 2019

On Thursday, 14 March 2019 07:04:53 PDT Jason H wrote:
> perhaps adding a QProcess::notRunning signal is in order? Or at least some
> clarification in the docs?

Sorry, no. Just the name of the signal you proposed shows it's a bad idea.
Signals are always named after verbs in the past tense, indicating something
that happened. A process that wasn't running and still isn't running does not
indicate something that happened. You're proposing a signal to show that
nothing happened, which is not something we want for signals.

At best, we that signal would be "failedToStart", but that's just the
errorOccurred signal we already have.