[Interest] Confused about High-DPI icons...

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 06:07:23 CET 2019

On 14/03/2019 16:41, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> On 13/03/2019 18.41, Sérgio Martins via Interest wrote:
>> Do you have:
>>
>> QApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling);
>
> Uh... *why* is that not the default? Without that, I still get a scaled
> UI, but it is an ugly mix of stuff that's *properly* scaled (and making
> use of the higher resolution) and stuff that isn't.
>
> AFAIK, applications that don't turn that on are still susceptible to
> scaling problems...

I still don't understand what the proper way to support high DPI
displays is... In some places I see that using
QApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling) is for legacy
applications that don't natively support it. Yet, if I don't use that,
my applications are blurry.

The documentation is silent about this.