[Interest] Unable to build Qt 5.12 on Ubuntu 14.04

Calogero Mauceri mauceri at actgate.com
Tue Mar 19 17:40:42 CET 2019

Hi all,

I'm trying to build Qt 5.12.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.
I get the following error just after I launch the configure

ERROR: Feature 'xcb' was enabled, but the pre-condition 'features.thread &&
features.xkbcommon && libs.xcb' failed.

here is the configure line I'm using

./configure -qt-zlib -fontconfig -qt-xcb

I have libxcb1 and libxcb1-dev 1.10-2ubuntu1 installed on the system.
I am building on a 32 bit system, but I get the same error on a 64 bit
machine.
Am I missing some other dependencies? Do you know how to check?

Thanks in advance for you help,
--
Calogero Mauceri
Software Engineer

Applied Coherent Technology Corporation (ACT)
www.actgate.com