[Interest] Unable to build Qt 5.12 on Ubuntu 14.04

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Mar 20 14:29:19 CET 2019

On Wednesday, 20 March 2019 13:01:18 CET Sérgio Martins via Interest wrote:
> On 2019-03-20 11:24, Calogero Mauceri wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 7:54 PM Thiago Macieira
> > <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
> >
> > wrote:

> >> &&

> >> Yes, the error message told you which one: "features.xkbcommon &&
> >> libs.xcb".
> >> Since you have installed the XCB libraries, you should check for
> >> xkbcommon
> >> ones.
> >>
> >> If you have libxcb1-dev installed, why are you passing -qt-xcb? And,
> >> for
> >> that
> >> matter, why -qt-zlib? Just use your distro's packages for those.
> >
> > Thanks Thiago for your reply,
> >
> > xkbcommon is installed on the machine, version 0.4.1, but we still get
> > that
> > issue.
> > We are building qt with the -qt-xcb option to limit the number of
> > system
> > dependencies for our application.
>
> You need version 0.5.0 at least.
>
>  From the ChangeLog [1]:
> "
> [QTBUG-65503] Removed xkbcommon from bundled sources. This library is
>     present on all supported platforms. The minimal required version now
> is
>     0.5.0.
> "

Heya,

Also, another hint for you and the other person(s) trying to build recent Qt
on an old Ubuntu LTS: Note that Ubuntu 14.04 is reaching end-of-life in one
month(!), and only the ESM version contains further security fixes.

See:
  https://blog.ubuntu.com/2019/02/05/ubuntu-14-04-trusty-tahr

Time to upgrade I think. You're two LTS versions behind.

Regards,
Kevin