[Interest] Unable to build Qt 5.12 on Ubuntu 14.04

Calogero Mauceri mauceri at actgate.com
Thu Mar 21 10:03:08 CET 2019

Fair, thank you all for you great hints.
We now know why we were getting the config error and will take a decision
based on your hints.

Thanks,
Calogero

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 7:28 PM Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> On Wednesday, 20 March 2019 06:29:19 PDT Kevin Funk wrote:
> > Also, another hint for you and the other person(s) trying to build
> recent Qt
> > on an old Ubuntu LTS: Note that Ubuntu 14.04 is reaching end-of-life in
> one
> > month(!), and only the ESM version contains further security fixes.
> >
> > See:
> >   https://blog.ubuntu.com/2019/02/05/ubuntu-14-04-trusty-tahr
> >
> > Time to upgrade I think. You're two LTS versions behind.
>
> Which is one of the reasons that dropping the bundled xkbcommon was
> acceptable: recent enough distros have it.
>
> --
>   Software Architect - Intel System Software Products

Calogero Mauceri
Software Engineer

Applied Coherent Technology Corporation (ACT)
www.actgate.com