[Interest] Qt 5.9 and OpenSSL 1.1?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Mar 22 03:11:58 CET 2019

On Wednesday, 20 March 2019 23:45:38 PDT Roland Winklmeier wrote:
> Wouldn’t it be good then if official binaries from newer releases build
> against OpenSSL 1.1?

Yes and no. For future compatibility, we should do that and should have done
that for 5.12 already. But doing so means the binaries so produced won't run
on older, still supported Linux distributions.

> According to
> https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.12_Tools_and_Versions all official binaries are
> still built against 1.0.2. If that is end of live this year, is there a
> plan to change this?

Not yet. Thanks for bringing it up, we'll have to make a decision. I'll bring
this up with the release team to figure out if there's a limitation in the
build servers (if it's the same environment that builds 5.9, for example).
Then we'll make a recommendation.