[Interest] Qt 5.9 and OpenSSL 1.1?

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Fri Mar 22 10:54:04 CET 2019

Hi,

Let's create (if not yet created) and link the QTBUG JIRA tasks for Qt 5.9 and Qt 5.12 to the mailing list. Continue discussion there. Easier than mailing list for this type of a task.

In principle switch to new version should be well justified. We just need to check the practicalities.

We already have OpenSSL in use by the installer, but it is not currently a shipped 3rd party module of Qt. As long as it is not enabled by default for Qt apps, we could add it like we typically do for 3rd party items.

Yours,

	Tuukka

On 22/03/2019, 10.20, "Interest on behalf of Jani Heikkinen" <interest-bounces at qt-project.org on behalf of jani.heikkinen at qt.io> wrote:

> [...]

    We will check this. I know there is already work ongoing to switch that in dev (https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/244362/)