[Interest] Using a QAbstractScrollArea

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 22:53:03 CET 2019

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 8:25 PM Bob Hood <bhood2 at comcast.net> wrote:

> How do I use this as a concrete Qt class type?  Do I inherit from
> QScrollArea
> and then somehow change my parent to it?  Or do I have to inherit from the
> third-party class, and then recreate the entire QScrollArea interface so
> it
> "quacks" like a QScrollArea instance?

Hi!
What I usually do is to promote a placeholder that's as close to the custom
widget as it can be. It's _probably_ going to work if you place a
QScrollArea as placeholder and then promote it you your custom type (and
don't modify its properties too heavily from the designer), but in case it
doesn't you can always use a QWidget.