[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 90, Issue 23

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Sat Mar 23 15:45:48 CET 2019

Upgrading isn't always easy. Once a medical device has its paperwork
approved by the FDA you are locked in for the life of the device on the
market. Minimum 5 years, generally 30+. The same is true for many
military systems and quite a few things in the science world. (When
performing a controlled 30 year study you cannot swap things out.)

That does not explain how they are able to update Qt without updating
the OS.

Oh, they could be in that trap I was in. One .deb to install on them
all, both 32 and 64-bit. Had to do that twice now and it is much fun.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions