[Interest] [Qt3D] What are active render targets for a ScreenRayCaster?

Volker Enderlein volker.enderlein at ifm-chemnitz.de
Thu Mar 28 12:13:27 CET 2019

Hi,

The KDAB article
https://www.kdab.com/new-in-qt-3d-5-11-generalized-ray-casting/ states
that the ScreeenRayCast test is performed for every active render
target. I just stumbled over the question what an active render target
is considered for a ScreenRayCaster.

My FrameGraph contains an orthographic background viewport/camera, a
SceneGraph viewport/camera and an orthographic overlay viewport/camera
that fill the entire normalized viewport.

Additionally two smaller viewport/camera exist at the bottom of the
window for an axis gnomon and a fps counter.

When triggering a ScreenRayCaster test with the current mouse position
the hitsChanged signal is emitted multiple times with different hits.

Traversing the scenegraph upwards from the hitted entity (mostly a
DistanceFieldTextRenderer is hit) leads me to entities that let me doubt
on the returned hit.

Anyone out there who can shed some light on it? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Volker