[Interest] Qt5 docs missing from Ubuntu 19.04

Kevin Funk kevin.funk at kdab.com
Mon May 13 07:11:57 CEST 2019

On Monday, 13 May 2019 06:42:39 CEST Phil wrote:
> Thank you for reading this.
>
> I'm not sure if this is a Qt or a Ubuntu issue or even a
> misunderstanding on my part.
>
> /usr/share/doc/qt4-doc-html contains the qt4 help files whereas
> /usr/share/doc/qt5-doc-html does not contain a html directory and so
> there are no help files.
>
> I'm wondering what other Ubuntu uses have done to overcome this problem?

Heya,

According to packages.ubuntu.com the HTML docs are packaged.

See:
  https://packages.ubuntu.com/disco/qt5-doc-html

If you click the "list of files" button you can see the files the package
contains:
  https://packages.ubuntu.com/disco/all/qt5-doc-html/filelist

The package itself depends on the individual Qt modules' *-doc-html packages.

So, looks fine to me? Do you just need to install that package?

Regards,
Kevin

--
Kevin Funk | kevin.funk at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group company