[Interest] Qt5 docs missing from Ubuntu 19.04

Kevin Funk kevin.funk at kdab.com
Tue May 14 07:28:24 CEST 2019

On Monday, 13 May 2019 08:24:01 CEST Phil wrote:
> On 13/5/19 3:11 pm, Kevin Funk wrote:
> > /usr/share/doc/qt5-doc-html does not contain a html directory and so
> >
> >> there are no help files.
> >>
> >> I'm wondering what other Ubuntu uses have done to overcome this problem?
> >
> > Heya,
> >
> > According to packages.ubuntu.com the HTML docs are packaged.
> >
> > See:
> >    https://packages.ubuntu.com/disco/qt5-doc-html
> >
> > If you click the "list of files" button you can see the files the package
> >
> > contains:
> >    https://packages.ubuntu.com/disco/all/qt5-doc-html/filelist
> >
> > The package itself depends on the individual Qt modules' *-doc-html
> > packages.
> >
> > So, looks fine to me? Do you just need to install that package?
>
> Thank you Kevin for your reply.
>
> The qt5-doc-html package was already installed but as I say only the
> base directory is installed and not the html files. I seem to remember
> that there was a similar problem with the 2013 version and a ppa was
> required.

Heya,

Again, see the list of files the package provides:
  https://packages.ubuntu.com/disco/all/qt5-doc-html/filelist

I have all the .html files in /usr/share/qt5/doc/qtdoc/. Works for me on
Ubuntu 19.04.

/usr/share/doc/qt5-doc-html indeed just contains a 'changelog.Debian.gz' and
'copyright' file, though.

Regards,
Kevin

--
Kevin Funk | kevin.funk at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group company