[Interest] Simple Starting PySide2 Questions

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue May 21 15:25:20 CEST 2019

In preparing to use PySide2, I have several questions. Please feel free to direct me to proper resources, if I missed them.
1. According to https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python#Frequently_Asked_Questions ,
 - Embedded is not supported, with Raspberry Pi specifically called out. Why are these platforms (especially the Pi) "not supported"?
 - What does this"not supported" scenario look like (i.e. it doesn't work at all on arm7, or is not guaranteed to work, etc?)

2. What is the best way to convert/use an image between QImage and what I get from Python's PIL imread()/numpy? (to avoid copy of 12M pix image) I am not sure  how relevant https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13302908/better-way-of-going-from-pil-to-pyside-qimage is.

3. What integration is there (if any) between Qt's even loop and Python's existing asyncio event loops and await support?
I found this: https://github.com/gmarull/asyncqt but all the indicators are fail.
https://github.com/harvimt/quamash looks better, and allegedly works with Python 3.7
I also found https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/PYSIDE-769, which seems to indicate that there is interest but no support yet.
The bigger question here is: I will undoubtedly have to integrate with existing code that uses asyncio, so what's my best way to do that.

I'm sure I'll have more as I dig in, but that's what I have for now. Many thanks in advance.