[Interest] QFontComboBox without preview?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 31 10:02:02 CEST 2019

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> Unfortunately, there is no way to disable the preview.

I run my own Qt version which isn't 100% stock anyway, so I introduced an env.
variable check for QT_FONTCOMBOBOX_NO_PREVIEW in QFontFamilyDelegate::paint()
which determines whether the font family and size are changed or not.

This is a user preference anyway (app devs can avoid QFontComboBox altogether as
Konstantin pointed out), and one can assume that a dislike of font previews is
not limited to a single app. (IOW setting QT_FONTCOMBOBOX_NO_PREVIEW globally
should be good enough).

R.