[Interest] XCB clipboard freeze

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 20:07:05 CET 2019

 Le lun. 4 nov. 2019 à 15:53, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> a
écrit :

> Yes. The problem is how you integrated the event loops. It's incorrect.
>
> Any chance you can tell the CEF to give its timers and file descriptors to
> Qt?
> Or to glib?

The only thing I have found is a callback "OnScheduleMessagePumpWork(int64
delay_ms)" that CEF will call on any thread when it has processing to do.

I have tried to wake up the event dispatcher from within this function.
Either by using "wakeUp()" or using a "QSocketNotifier" with my own file
descriptor.
But I couldn't make it work.

Looking at QXcbClipboard code, the xcb event queue is blocked on a
QWaitCondition. To my knowledge a QWaitCondition will not unlock unless
wakeOne() or wakeAll() is called.
So I do not see how the Qt event loop could do anything at this point, even
if CEF gave me timers of file descriptor.