[Interest] Rebuild QPA plugins

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 22:15:56 CET 2019

Hi,

I am trying to rebuild libqxcb.so.
So for I am able to build the libqxcb.so (and qtbase) from source. It works
and I can use this build to compile and run widgets applications.

What I'd like to do is to be able to take the libqxcb.so from this build
and use it with the Qt official release package (i.e. replacing the
libqxcb.so that comes with the official release by my version).

I was able on a previous project to do something similar on Windows with
the sqlite plugin and it was working fine.

The issue I am facing here is that the official Qt release refuses to load
my libqxcb.so, I guess it is because of incompatibility of GLIBC (or
similar): Qt official releases are built with an "old" toolchain on a RHEL
7 system, while I am using the latest Ubuntu version and a recent toolchain.

Am I getting this right or am I missing something?

Does anyone has a tip on how to build a compatible version of libqxcb.so?
Without using RHEL, of course, I do not have a license.

Thanks

Regards

Benjamin