[Interest] iOS: Get SSID *in Qt*

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Nov 14 18:25:12 CET 2019

So there's a couple ways in iOS to get the SSID. But I was hoping, since I need to target android as well, that I can have a Qt solution that "just works" complete with SSID change monitoring. There's two APIs: NEHotspotHelper which requires and entitlement or CaptiveNetwork which was deprecated then un-deprecated.

I see as of 5.6, QWifiInfo is only for Device Creation. Is there any iOS - or even Android precedent - that I can follow if there is no such thing?