[Interest] Full Screen on iPhone 11/iOS 13

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Nov 19 18:06:57 CET 2019

Yet again I find that apple changed how to get full screen. I had it working for iOS 10, but 13 is different.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get my app full-screen again? Specifically w.r.t. what it takes for a Qt app. I've tried a variety of additions:

@interface QIOSViewController : UIViewController
@end
@interface QIOSViewController (CustomEdges)
- (UIRectEdge)preferredScreenEdgesDeferringSystemGestures;
- (UIRectEdge) edgesForExtendedLayout;
- (void)viewDidLoad;
@end
@implementation QIOSViewController (CustomEdges)
- (UIRectEdge)preferredScreenEdgesDeferringSystemGestures {
	return UIRectEdgeAll;
}
- (UIRectEdge) edgesForExtendedLayout
{
	return UIRectEdgeAll;
}

- (void)viewDidLoad {
	[super viewDidLoad];
	[self setWantsFullScreenLayout:YES];
	[self setModalPresentationStyle: UIModalPresentationFullScreen];
	[self setNeedsStatusBarAppearanceUpdate];
}

But to no avail.