[Interest] StateMachine questions

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Oct 7 21:50:21 CEST 2019

I'm reading up about the state machine stuff and was wondering how I would go about having X tests with the same Y steps. Unlike parallel states, these are still sequential:

State  / SubState
TEST_1 / PREPARE
TEST_1 / PREPARE_COMPLETE
TEST_1 / EXECUTE
TEST_1 / EXECUTE_COMPLETE
TEST_1 / RESULT
TEST_2 / PREPARE

Is there an easy way to code this so it is not X*Y?

And how do I provide a UI to follow the state? There doesn't seem to be a StateMachine.currentState property, otherwise I could do:
Text {
text: test[stateMachine.currentState] + " / " + test_steps[subStateMachine.currentState]
}

I guess I could just provide a name property, but there's still no currentState, I have to evaluate the `active` property against every possible state at every transition?