[Interest] Licensing

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Tue Oct 8 09:51:37 CEST 2019

On 10/8/19 1:21 AM, Melinda Seifert wrote:

> You can use commercial if you previously used Open Source but it’s on
> a case by case basis and you need to get approval from the Qt
> company.

Like you need to get approval from the Qt company when not having been
Open Source before - it is the basic right of any seller not to sell.

But your statement implies, that the Qt Company is blacklisting users
because of contributing to Open Source projects. Am I already
blacklisted because of offering code under an Open Source license ?

How does this all fit to the Qt project, that is in parts based on
contributions from Open Source developers. Am I invited to contribute to
the code base, while not being allowed to buy my own contribution
afterwards ?

Uwe