[Interest] Grade - Matching repositories to dependencies

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Wed Oct 9 17:44:03 CEST 2019

Hi,

Today I have stumbled on a really particular problem on my Qt Android app.

I use OneSignal for Push Notifications and PiracyChecker for piracy checking.

Before both libs were hosted on jitpack but recently OneSignal has moved to:

maven { url 'https://plugins.gradle.org/m2/‘}

The problem is that if I have this, now grade can’t find PiracyChecker that lives on jitpack

After googling around I found this -> https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/declaring_repositories.html#sec::matching_repositories_to_dependencies <https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/declaring_repositories.html#sec::matching_repositories_to_dependencies>

Which apparently could solve my problem by saying that REP A is for LIB A and REP B is for LIB B but this seems to a 5.6.2 gradle feature only.

Questions:

- Are we tied to a fixed version of gradle when building an Android app?

- Does anyone have had a similar problem? How did you managed to sort this out without using this gradle feature?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Nuno Santos
Founder / CEO / CTO