[Interest] No access to MySql and MariaDB databases with Qt

Marius Kittler mkittler at suse.de
Fri Oct 11 13:22:32 CEST 2019

> I tried to manually build the MySQL driver but failed because configure not
> only looks for libmysql.* but also for a config.win32 (why).

I use the following patch for my builds: https://github.com/Martchus/
PKGBUILDs/blob/master/qt5-base/mingw-w64/0013-Fix-linking-against-shared-
static-MariaDB.patch

That works (the resulting package contains sqldrivers/qsqlmysql.dll).

Note that the PostgreSQL needed a similar patch in my case.

The only problem left is that it is currently not possible to use the static
build of the MariaDB and Qt because mariadb-connector-c comes with its own
pthread implementation which has conflicting symbols with the pthread library
Qt uses.