[Interest] Building QTWebEngine -- setting ld parameters

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Oct 24 07:56:35 CEST 2019

On Wednesday, 23 October 2019 17:00:47 PDT Simon Matthews wrote:
> ticks.cc:(.text._Z8TicksNowv+0x1c): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
> ticks.cc:(.text._Z8TicksNowv+0x5a): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
>
> This appear to be a problem that has affected building other tools and
> the solution appears to be to add "-lrt" to the linker parameters.

Yup. In older glibc versions, those functions were in librt, but have since
moved to the main libc. It's unsurprising that software quickly forgot to add
the flags that aren'tneeded anymore.

> But how do I do this? I tried setting QMAKE_LDFLAGS="-lrt", but this did
> not appear to change the linker parameters.

No, because this isn't qmake. This is trying to build gn, a generator that
will create the ninja files for building chromium.

I suggest you install a system-wide gn. You can fix its build manually, if
necessary. So long as "gn" exists in PATH, qtwebengine won't try to rebuild
it.