[Interest] QGraphicsObject::boundingRect() called with different instance

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 31 21:57:19 CET 2019

On 10/31/2019 3:07 AM, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> Il 31/10/19 01:55, Bob Hood ha scritto:
>> I'm on Windows using Qt Creator 4.6.2.
>
> Apart from MSVC working on porting ASAN, there's a memory error detector
> available as part of Intel Studio.
>
> To me, valgrind/ASAN is still a _huge_ reason to prefer Linux development.
> If you can, get a testcase and run it in a Linux VM under valgrind/ASAN.
>
> My 2 c,

Not happening under Linux using Qt 5.13.1/Qt Creator 4.10.0.  I get the
properly initialized value in the boundingRect()/paint() overrides.

It would appear to be a bug in the prior versions of Qt that I'm using on
Windows (5.11/5.12).  I'll get that platform updated just to be sure.

Thanks for the help, guys.