[Interest] Using QCamera on a QML VideoOutput

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Tue Sep 10 17:35:32 CEST 2019

Hi,

I’m learning for the first time about Qt Multimedia Video capabilities and API.

I’ve been looking to the declarative examples for video and I have also browsed around the C++ classes correspondents.

I’m trying to create a camera manager that lives on the C++ side, and that when a camera is selected, it display the camera output on the QML side, for instance, on a VideoOutput.

It seems that a VideoOutput qml element is not able to display a source that is a QCamera instance. However, using a Camera qml type as source of VideoOutput works perfectly.

What am I missing? What’s the meeting point for both worlds?

My final goal is to have a source of video that I select in C++ side, I get access to it’s content for processing and then display it on the Qml side.

Maybe someone with more experience using Qt video capabilities could lead me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Nuno