[Interest] ASSERT failure in QCocoaScreen: "The application's primary screen should always be in sync with the main display"

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 02:10:05 CEST 2019

I received this error after upgrading from 5.13.0 to 5.13.1 and disconnecting my external monitor from my latest-model MacBook with Mojave:

qcocoascreen.mm:557:None(): ASSERT failure in QCocoaScreen: "The application's primary screen should always be in sync with the main display", file qcocoascreen.mm, line 557

It goes away when I plug in my external monitor. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Some kind of app-level cached pref for primary display? It’s not possible to continue working while it’s happening.

-Patrick