[Interest] how to programmatically create QIcon for use with QToolButton?

David M. Cotter dave at kjams.com
Tue Sep 24 07:23:07 CEST 2019

Does QToolButton use the normal / selected / disabled states of a QIcon that is programmatically created from QPixmaps? ie: when the user clicks in the QToolButton, shouldn't it show the "selected" icon variant? and when the window is deactivated, shouldn't it show the "disabled" state?

I can't for the life of me get the "selected" (pressed?) or "disabled" states to draw.

for the code i'm using see this forum post:
https://forum.qt.io/topic/107143/how-to-programmatically-create-qicon-for-use-with-qtoolbutton <https://forum.qt.io/topic/107143/how-to-programmatically-create-qicon-for-use-with-qtoolbutton>

thanks

-dave