[Interest] Qt Creator licensing for companies with Qt Commercial developers

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:32:07 CEST 2020

On 30/03/2020 13.49, Andy wrote:
> That makes no sense. Your license prevents a company from using an
> open-source tool? It says "if you license our stuff you cannot use the
> open-source tool X"?

That is, indeed, what I am hearing, and also how I would interpret the FAQ.

> This whole thread is yet another great example of where the Qt Company is
> totally tone-deaf.

Yup... except I'd probably use some less polite terms than "tone-deaf".
This sort of thing, and also the recent installer changes, continues to
make me think that TQtC is *trying* to commit suicide. That, or whoever
is making these decisions is hopelessly incompetent.

> Nobody understands your licensing. You have fewer people using Qt and
> Qt-based things because of this.

Probably.

--
Matthew