[Interest] The state of running Qt Quick application without screen

Laszlo Agocs laszlo.agocs at qt.io
Fri Apr 10 11:47:07 CEST 2020

Hi Tomasz,

I assume this is about eglfs with the eglfs_kms (meaning drm+gbm) backend. (because multi-screen is pretty limited / hopeless with the other, vendor-specific, legacy fbdev-style backends)

Somewhat related, but likely won't help your case: since 5.11 there is support for running headless with render nodes (like /dev/dri/renderDnnn), but that means the application will be doing offscreen graphics or compute for its entire lifetime.

Dynamic handling of screens added/removed after application startup is not currenly in place, so the situation has not changed much recently.

Best regards,
Laszlo