[Interest] Qt3D point light intesity

Esch Lorenz TU Ilmenau Lorenz.Esch at tu-ilmenau.de
Sat Apr 11 18:30:28 CEST 2020

Hi,

QPointLight inherits from QAbstractLight, which offers setIntensitiy(). See https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qt3drender-qabstractlight.html#intensity-prop. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Lorenz

Von: Interest <interest-bounces at qt-project.org> Im Auftrag von Megidd Git
Gesendet: Samstag, 11. April 2020 11:30
An: interest at qt-project.org
Betreff: [Interest] Qt3D point light intesity

Hi!

I'm using point light<https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qt3drender-qpointlight.html> in a 3D scene with entities of Phong<https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qt3dextras-qmorphphongmaterial.html> material. I just want to be able to increase/decrease point light intensity. Point light has three properties:

- constantAttenuation : float
- linearAttenuation : float
- quadraticAttenuation : float

Documentation mentions that the exact meaning and use of those properties is up to the material implementation. Now I wonder how can I simply decrease/increase light intensity, considering that I'm using Phong<https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qt3dextras-qmorphphongmaterial.html> material.

Thanks
😃