[Interest] mingw64: can't compile a lib such that a Qt signal can connect successfully to a binary slot

Filippo Rusconi listes.rusconi at laposte.net
Mon Apr 13 19:01:24 CEST 2020

>Greetings, Thiago,
>
>thank you for your follow-up.
>
>On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 11:37:57AM -0300, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>On Thursday, 9 April 2020 09:02:32 -03 Filippo Rusconi via Interest wrote:
>>
>>Why not?
>
>Evidently, my previous mail was somehow crippled. This is my story:
>
>I develop a scientific program using Qt5.12.5 / CMake / Debian testing, with:
>
>gcc (Debian 9.3.0-3) 9.3.0.
>
>The program makes heavy use of QThread, and, of course Signal/Slot connections.
>It runs beautifully in my Debian box, with now apparent bugs since weeks of
>testing.
[...]

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 10:51:50AM +0200, Filippo Rusconi wrote:
Greetings,

In my previous mail, I was asking if "DLL Export/Import magic art" was required
when building libraries in the MinGW64 environment.

My question of course highlighted a gigantic ignorance of software development
on Windows.

The answer is clearly stated here:

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/sharedlibrary.html

I applied the concepts there and I could finally created binaries of my
executable.

The issue is closed.

Thank you, listeners,

Filippo