[Interest] dragging from Qt (KDE) app onto Mac Finder and vice versa

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:49:10 CEST 2020

Hi,

Can someone point me to a succinct overview of the basics of drag-and-drop support in Qt applications?

Concretely: I have built KDE Dolphin for Mac, and find I can copy/move files by dragging them from the Finder and dropping them onto a destination folder in Dolphin (e.g. for copying to a remote server that isn't accessible through the Finder). For some reason the reverse operation doesn't work - and I assume that is not because of a limitation in Qt (or in the Finder). Or is it?

Thanks,
René