[Interest] Windows installer for Qt programs

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 21:19:36 CEST 2020

Den tis 21 apr. 2020 kl 09:21 skrev "Alexander CarĂ´t" <alexander_carot at gmx.net>:

> Hello all,
>
> I consider shipping my Qt built software with a conventional installer on Windows.
>
> Can anyone give me a recommendation of a solid freeware for this purpose ?

Just to chime in to what others have said: Our project uses CMake and
we use CPack which in turn uses WiX to create an installer for us.

I did not have to learn too much WiX wizardry, just a basic
customization to make it associate certain files with out application.
It has worked well so far.

We also use

set(CMAKE_INSTALL_UCRT_LIBRARIES ON)
include(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)

to get the C runtime DLLs (including Universal CRT) installed
alongside our application, and then use windeployqt + CMake's
fixup_bundle to get the rest of our dependencies installed alongside
the application.

Cheers,
Elvis