[Interest] Qt Updater/ Licenses

Tino Pyssysalo tino.pyssysalo at qt.io
Wed Apr 22 07:22:31 CEST 2020

On 22.4.2020, 5.53, "Interest on behalf of Jason H" <interest-bounces at qt-project.org on behalf of jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:

   >  I have two accounts one for work which is paid commercial and my own hobby usage on my own laptop.
   > I understand that Qt now requires a sign in, but I was surprised to be denied on my own laptop.
   >
   > What do I need to do to use Qt under the open source licenses?

The screen shot shows that the used account has one or more commercial licenses, but none of them is valid? Did
you use your hobby account? Is the hobby account an open-source account, i.e. no licenses associated? You
can check this in Qt Account itself as shown in the attached screenshot. There is no "Licenses" button on the sidebar.

If your hobby account is not an open-source account, you can create a new one by using sign-up.

If your hobby account is an open-source account and you get the error message you showed, you have found a bug.
--
Tino Pyssysalo
Product Management