[Interest] wss:// on localhost

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Aug 3 00:28:28 CEST 2020

On Sunday, 2 August 2020 11:43:42 PDT Alexander CarĂ´t wrote:
> P.S.: Also I don't see a way to get access to the key - it is compiled into
> the binary and on top of it it's triple-secured/encypted.

Very easy to put a breakpoint in your code after it has decrypted the key.
Especially if you're using Qt classes or OpenSSL from a DLL. I agree it's not
every user that will know how to do it, but I bet most people on this mailing
list could do it if they wanted to.

I repeat: whatever you do, don't ship a private key.