[Interest] wss:// on localhost

Alexander Carôt alexander_carot at gmx.net
Mon Aug 3 23:16:59 CEST 2020

> Sorry, I might be missing some critical piece of information: is it a browser
> that is connecting to your websocket service? I thought it was a web view,
> whose CA list you could control.

The most simple way to describe it this:

A conventional html page (classical web browser) launches a websocket via wss://localhost:1234 and connects to a Qt application which hosts a QtWebsocket Server which binds to localhost:1234. This way I achieve communication between browser and app. Would love to stay with ws:// but modern CMS (well - websites in general) etc. require using SSL and mixed content is not working anymore.

Best

Alex

--
http://www.carot.de