[Interest] Mouse/Pen input latency in Qt Quick and render loop

Daljit Singh daljit97 at live.com
Wed Aug 19 13:08:26 CEST 2020

To follow up on this, I was looking at the source code for the renderloop in the Qt repositories and I found this comment here https://github.com/qt/qtdeclarative/blob/dev/src/quick/scenegraph/qsgrenderloop.cpp#L79:
[https://avatars2.githubusercontent.com/u/159455?s=400&v=4]<https://github.com/qt/qtdeclarative/blob/dev/src/quick/scenegraph/qsgrenderloop.cpp#L79>
qt/qtdeclarative<https://github.com/qt/qtdeclarative/blob/dev/src/quick/scenegraph/qsgrenderloop.cpp#L79>
Qt Declarative (Quick 2). Contribute to qt/qtdeclarative development by creating an account on GitHub.
github.com

- Uses one QRhi (and so OpenGL Context, Vulkan device, etc.) to render multiple windows.
- This assumes multiple screens can use the OpenGL context.
- Animations are advanced using the standard timer, so QML animations run as expected even when
vsync throttling is broken.

Does that mean that with Qt6 the "threaded" render loop used by the QML SceneGraph has animations correctly even when v-sync is disabled?