[Interest] Will a Qt 5.x release support macOS 11?

Ben Haller bhaller at mac.com
Wed Dec 9 08:07:45 CET 2020

Hi all.  Just wondering whether there is any plan for any Qt 5.x release to support macOS 11.  At present, Qt 5.15 supports only through macOS 10.15 (https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/macos.html#supported-versions), as far as I can tell, and my app built on macOS 10.15 apparently does not run properly on macOS 11 (so my users inform me).  Since it looks like it will be a little while before a Qt 6 release is really solid (I just saw on the list that the first LTS release of Qt 6 is expected in September 2021, almost a year from now), it would be really nice if macOS 11 were added to the list of supported releases for 5.15.  Any chance of that?  I have users who are already on macOS 11 now; I’d like to have a better story for them.  Thanks for any info!

Cheers,
-B.

Benjamin C. Haller
Messer Lab